Safety Precautions during COVID-19 Pandemic
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, all Library users should pay attention to the following precautionary measures.
Be sure to check the Library’s latest Opening Hours and Notices before visiting.
|Library Safety Measures
|Do Your Part to Stay Safe
- We have installed dividers between seats.
- Air purifiers are placed in study areas, group rooms and studios.
- Study areas are sprayed with anti-antimicrobial coating invented by PolyU.
- Touchless lift panels have been installed in the new passenger lifts.
- Do not move any furniture around.
- Use only seats with chairs.
- Hand sanitizers are placed at Library Entrance and service counters, and near self-checkout stations.
- Wash hands regularly and avoid touching your face.
- Cleaning in high traffic areas and high-touch surfaces has been strengthened.
- Self-checking stations are provided for borrowing or returning of books or AV materials. There are also self-service kiosks for checking out loanable digital devices and AV accessories at i-Space and Multimedia Commons.
- Self-service lockers are provided for students to temporarily store their devices when they need to leave the desk for a short period time
- Use self-service facilities to check out books, AV materials or loanable digital devices.
- You are encouraged to bring your own computing devices.
- Library staff will put books returned into a UV book sterilizer before passing them to other users or re-shelving.
- A self-service UV book sterilizer is provided on Podium Floor for users to sterilize books.
- Use self-checkout stations in the Library to check out and return PolyU books and audiovisual materials.
- Return PolyU books and
audiovisual materials via the 24x7 automated book
return station located outside the campus turnstiles on the Podium Level near public footbridge towards Exit A Hung Hom MTR Station.
- Transparent acrylic shields are installed at all service counters.
- Requests for large format printing can be submitted online.
- For assistance, you may also reach Library staff by phone (2766-6863), Whatsapp (2766-6863), online form.
The Library will closely monitor the development of the COVID-19 situation and update this page accordingly.