Skip to main content
Guides & Tutorial, Pao-Yue Kong Library, The Polytechnic University of Hong Kong

Researchers@Library: Report to Research Office

This guide serves as a one-stop shop for PolyU researchers and postgraduate students to gain easy access to information pertinent to their research and publishing needs.


3 - Publishing Your Work

 Where to Publish

 Open Access Publishing

 Copyright on Published Works

 Report to Research Office (RO)

  • Deposit Your Publication in PIRA
  • Report Your Publication to RO

Contact Us

Research Support



In Person   Enquiry Counter, P/F, 
        Pao Yue-kong Library

Report To Research Office

When your research work has been published, the next step is to report your publication to the University.

Academic staff are required to submit this information via Research Output System managed by Research Office (RO) for publications published in the past year. This information is then in turn reported to the University Grants Committee (UGC).


RO also provides the following documents for your information:

Research Output System keeps a record of research outputs from all academic staff. It is an internal research management system managed by Research Office.

To increase the visibility of your research works, you are encouraged to deposit an "accepted manuscript" version of your publication to PolyU Institutional Research Archive (PIRA) for open access.

  • Visit this guide to know why and how to deposit your publications in PIRA.
  • Download this email template to request the access permission from the Publisher for depositing publications in PIRA (for RGC-funded works)

Contact the PIRA team if you have any questions about PIRA.
More information about Open Access, visit this guide.

Loading ...